AAAFM Heegar Award
AAAFM honors and recognizes international scientists who have shown, during the course of their professional careers, outstanding achievements in the fields of Functional Materials.
AAAFM-Heeger Award ($3000):
The AAAFM-Heeger Award (named after Alan J. Heeger, Nobel Laureate) is a prestigious prize conferred on an outstanding, dynamic young researcher (Faculty members, Postdocs, or Junior Scientist) for their outstanding achievements and contributions to the field of Functional Materials. The maximum age considered is 45 years.
The awards will be presented at the 2ndAAAFM-UCLA Conference on Functional Materials, which will be held in University California, Los Angeles, 19-22August 2019.
Prominent or senior scientist working in the field of functional materials at internationally recognized and established institution can nominate a nominee for the award (one nomination per person).The letter of recommendation should submitted to AAAFM-UCLA committee through email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Candidates must be eminent, dynamic researchers, and must be recognized as emerging leaders in the field of functional materials, with a distinguished record of achievement of original contributions in materials related field.
- Candidates must have published extensively in high impact factor peer reviewed journals (showing good citation index results).
- Candidate must engaged or involved in innovative and cutting-edge research. Candidates involved in the creation of a patented candidate and / or a high-tech company resulting from the work would be greatly advantaged for this award.
1. Candidate can only receive the prize once and will not eligible for this again.
2. The winner needs to attend the AAAFM-UCLA conference personally to receive this award.
3. The winning candidate will deliver the “AAAFM-UCLA Lecture” at the AAAFM-UCLA19 conference at UCLA.
The members of AAAFM-UCLA organizing committee will review the applications (candidate’s CV and recommendation letters) and select one researcher for this this prestigious award.
The prize will be composed of the following:
1. Cash Award of $3000.
2. A certificate
3. Free registrations for AAAFM-UCLA next year Conference
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2019
Deadline for nomination submissions for AAAFM-UCLA award is 1 June 2019.
Late nominations will not be considered.